Monday, May 14, 2012

Working on the roof - The Baldwin Steam Tram Motor

Work on the roof continues...

The following photos illustrate how I've started going about the clerestory section of the roof...

Clear plastic sheet was used as a backing for balsa wood strips cut with a balsa stripper (previously mentioned in another post).





I made a paper template up from the plans, to mark out the balsa roof contours.


The end contours were expoxied in place, prior to the sides.







Finally before continuing it was time to see how it looks...

1 comment:

  1. I WANT ONE!!!! Please, pretty please. Seriously this is great, I will need a Baldwin for my electric tramway and its really good to see how you have built yours....
    I could swap you some G scale trolley ears or some single bladed tramway points or an arm and a leg....

    ReplyDelete